I must say that I am so happy knowing that Blogger has an app and I can now upload photos and blog from my phone easily! I used to have to upload pictures from my camera or phone into the laptop. Edit there before I can blog. And with two young kids then, it seemed impossible to keep up posting which was the main reason why blogging, as much as I enjoyed it, had taken a backseat. As I mainly use just my phone for photos nowadays, I can just edit them here too and then upload using the Blogger app and post from there! Well I can't do much else like changing the layouts or size of the photos but as of now, this is good enough. So maybe, just maybe, there'll be more posts in this blog from me again!
Wednesday, November 19, 2014
Hah. .. its been ages since I last posted here. Have not even updated the arrival of Baby Lee no.3! Well will leave that for another time as the main purpose for this post is to pen down the recipe for what I cooked for lunch today ie. Sticky Glutinous Rice with Chinese Sausage before I forget so that I can refer to it again next time when I need to cook it again.
Sticky rice is CheChe O's favourite. Have been wanting to try it out and finally got a chance to do so today. The kids had seconds and thirds! Sent the picture to dear hubby at work and he replied, PLS MAKE SURE TO LEAVE SOME FOR ME. *Giggle* So without delay, here goes...
3 cups Glutinous Rice
1 whole chicken breasts
4 Chinese sausages
6 Chinese mushrooms
10 small red onions
1 handful dried shrimps
5 spoonfuls oil (I used light tasting olive oil)
4 spoonfuls soy sauce
2 spoonfuls dark soya sauce
1 spoonful Chinese rice wine
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 handful chopped spring onions
1. Soak rice for at least 2 hours. Then wash and drain water.
2. Soak mushrooms for about 30 minutes. Wash and drain. Cut into strips.
3. Soak dried shrimps for about 10 minutes. Wash and drain. Roughly chop them up.
4. Boil some water in a pan and place while Chinese sausages for about 5 minutes. Remove from water. Remove skin and slice lengthwise about a quarter of an inch.
5. Cut chicken breasts into strips and marinate with a spoonful of soy sauce.
6. Remove skin from onions and slice thinly. Heat oil and brown onions on low fire about 10 minutes. Remove onions to use as garnishing later.
7. Stir fry Chinese sausages and dried shrimp for about 2 minutes. Add mushrooms and fry for another 2 minutes. Add chicken breasts and fry for another 2 minutes.
8. Add remaining soy sauce, dark sauce, Chinese rice wine, salt and a few dashes of white pepper and mix well for about 2 minutes.
9. Reduce heat and stir in rice. Mix rice in evenly. Then cover rice with water. Put heat back on to boil water before reducing again to simmer for about 15 minutes.
10. Place rice into a heatproof dish and steam for another 15 minutes.
11. Meanwhile, beat the eggs. Add 1 tablespoon of oil into a pan and swirl it around to coat pan. Once heated, pour eggs in to cover pan thinly. Flip once. Remove from pan and set aside and continue frying remaining beaten eggs.
Roll eggs up and cut thinly.
12. When rice is ready, remove from steam and let it rest for 10 minutes. Garnish with eggs, fried onions and spring onions.